This is a delicious, not-too-terrible-for-ya DIY treat.
What you will need:
– Aluminum foil & a cookie sheet
– Access to some freezer space
– Creamy peanut butter
– Chocolate chips & a microwave safe bowl
– Toppings (Optional – we tried pink sea salt and sprinkles )
and, of course, one Wacky WhyNot Creator!
What do to:
– Cut the Bananas into rounds of even-ish thickness
– Put the foil on a cookie sheet. Then spread your banana rounds into a single, no touching layer and pop that whole thing in the freezer.
– Patiently wait for them to totally freeze (an hour or two)
– Once frozen, take those rock hard banana rounds out and spread the peanut butter on them – making little banana & PB sandwiches (this is a yummy place to stop and taste!)
– Put your PB sandwiches back on the foil-lined cookie sheet and freeze ’em up (again, patience required – I know, it’s worth it, I promise!)
– When those are frozen solid, take your chocolate chips and put them in a microwave safe bowl. Cook them for 20 seconds then stir. Repeat until you have ooey, gooey chocolate soup!
Here comes the messy (and delicious) part!
– Dip your frozen PB & banana sandwiches in the melty chocolate. Put them down on your foil cookie sheet to dry/cool.
If you want to do toppings, drop ’em on while the chocolate is still melty so it will work like glue.
Eat and Enjoy! WhyNot!
Store any extras in the fridge or freezer.
Wanna try to take it further? Change it up!
Try it with Nutella or another awesome spread.
How does jelly work?
How about M&Ms for a topping?