SUPER Sweet SUPERsize Me Experiment
What you need:
– Gummy Bears (yum!)
– A container
optional: a rule and/or food scale
&, of course, one wacky Whynotter!
What to do:
– If you opted for a ruler and/or food scale, take the measurements of your gummy bear. How long is it? How tall? How wide? How heavy? Record this intel somewhere safe.
– Then pop your gummy bear in a container of water. I suggest one bear per watery container (but, heck, see what happens if you dump a bunch in one… why not!)
– Wait (oh, the patience step… always the hardest)
– In a couple of hours, take your growing bear out and remeasure. Pop it back in and wait…. Repeat as you like.
– End result? One SUPER sweet SUPERsized bear!
Other things to try (Why Not!?):
– Does it work the same with other liquids besides water? Milk? Soda?
– Does it work the same with other gummy things? (I’ve heard worms don’t do it… I wonder why, don’t you?)
– Does the temperature of the water make a difference?
– What can you think of to try that I haven’t??