Homemade Ice cream
I scream, You scream, We all scream for Homemade Wactivity Ice cream! (now in non-dairy too!)
Ice cream made at home in plastic baggies? Why Not!
We even tweaked the recipe for our non-dairy eating friends and, let me tell you, it is DELICIOUS even dairy free. So grab your baggies and get to shakin’ WhyNotters, this one is not to miss!
What you need:
– A gallon sized and quart sized zip-top baggie per WhyNotter
– Sugar & Vanilla
– Half and Half (or Milk + Whipping cream) for dairy eaters, Almond Milk for non-dairy friends
– A BUNCH of ice
– Coarse Sea Salt (or rock salt if you have it)
– 6 minutes of silly shaking
– Optional: other mix-ins/flavors, we used cocoa powder, smashed berries would be good too!
& of course, Wacky Whynotters!
What to do:
– For each serving, pour 1 cup of your “milk,” 2 TBS sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and any other flavors your choose into your quart sized bag. Zip tight!
– Fill the big gallon sized baggie about half full with ice + add in 1/2 cup of rock salt. Pop in your zipped tight quart bag and zip the big bag tight.
– Set your timer for 6 minutes and shake those baggies silly (we strongly suggest singing “Shake, Shake, Shake, – Shake, Shake, Shake, -Shake your Ice Cream, Shake your Ice Cream”
Unzip those baggies eat and enjoy!!!!!!
p.s. this is a great thing to bring on a camping trip… fresh ice cream with s’mores? Yes please!
p.p.s. you can find similar recipes all over the place. My specific inspiration is on my Pinterest page. The non-dairy version is our own (as far as we know!).