Funky DIY Flubber
These days, I’m a writer but I’m also a stay-at-home-mom and a former kindergarten teacher. It takes a lot for homemade science stuff to impress me. So be impressed when I say: This. Is. Awesome.
The final product is super fun, of course. But in this case, the magic that happens along the way is almost funner. (yep, I said, it – FUNNER).
– 1 cup of washable glue (think school-kind)
– 3/4 cup cold water
– Food coloring (optional)
– 1/2 cup hot water
– 1 teaspoon Borax (found in the laundry aisle or on Amazon.com!)
&, of course, one wacky experimenter
What to do:
– Pour the glue, the cold water, and the food coloring (if you so choose) in a bowl. Mix it really well. Then set it aside for a second.
– Mix the Borax and the hot water in a separate bowl. Again, mix it ALL the way.
– Then, and this is where the “magic” first happens, slowly add the glue mixture to the borax mixture and stir! (it’s cool, you’ll see)
– Pour off any extra water, play and enjoy!
Make it Wackier? Why Not?
– Add glitter! I tried to but, because it was just that kind of day, I couldn’t find it.
– Hide pony beads inside the finished product and search for the hidden treasure!
– See if it will pick up newsprint like silly putty (I have no idea! Tell me if you try!)
– Sculpt a tall tower then stand back and watch what happens
– What happens if you freeze it? What happens when it thaws?
Source on the Wactivity Pinterest page! Enjoy!