DIY Corn Wactivity
In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, we bring you some DIY corn that is fun, fabulous, and decoratively functional!
What to gather:
– Paint in corny colors
– Paper plate or other paint-OK surface
– Bubble wrap, little bubbles
– Paper: white + green
– Glue (stick or liquid)
& one Wacky WhyNot DIY-er
What to do:
– Swirl your corny color paint together
– Cut a piece of bubble wrap the size that makes sense for your plate.
– Gently push the bubble wrap, bubble side down, into the paint.
– Lift it up and use it as a stamper on your white paper.
REPEAT until you’ve done all the white paper you want.
– Let it dry!
– Cut out oval, corn shapes (we cut a first one free hand then used it as a sample to trace for the other ones).
– Cut V shapes out of your green paper (again, you can use your first one as a tracer for the rest).
– Glue the green on to the while and, voila! Corn!
Feeling Wacky? WhyNot!
– Make a bunch and staple them onto a paper plate to make a wreath.
– Pass them out at Thanksgiving and get everyone to write what they are thankful on them.
– Write guests names on them and use them as place cards on your Thanksgiving table
– Add glitter to the wet paint after you stamp it! Glam it up!
– Tie string to them and then hang them from a hanger or sticks to make a mobile
What can you think of? Tell us!!