This is an easy-peasy wactivity that takes a little faith and a lot of patience!
Three clear cups, food color, water and 2 paper towels (a tray is nice to catch any food color drips). And, of course, one wacky experimenter!!
What you do:
– Put water in 2 of the cups. Leave the third cup empty (this is part of the magic!)
– Chose two colors. Add one to each of the water-filled cups.
– Roll up two paper towels into long, snake-like thingies.
– Put one paper towel roll-up into each of the colored water cups and let the other end hang over into the empty cup in the middle.
– Then sit back, relax, and let the magic happen!
(NOTE: this is an exercise in patience, like real scientists! Ours took over night to get the full effect but eventually you will see the water and the color migrate up the paper towel and drip into the empty cup!! Your colors will mix too!)