Tasty Truffle (with a Halloween spin!)
Did I mention these are OREO truffles? Yep, even yummier.
Note: If you google or pop “Oreo Truffle” into a Pinterest search, you will see examples of perfect, smooth, spherical truffles. Ours didn’t turn out that way. Ours are lumpy and amoeba-like and a teensy bit ugly. Like life, they are perfectly imperfect.
However yours come out, I hope you love them. Why Not?!
What to get:
– Some foil + a cookie sheet
– 1/2 package of Oreo cookies
– 1/2 of an 8oz package of cream cheese
– 1 8oz package of Semi-Sweet baking chocolate, melted
– Optional: sprinkles (we went Halloween themed!)
& one wacky, WhyNot baker!
What to do:
– Smash your Oreos to smithereens! You can use a roller, a food processor, a blender, whatever you want. Have fun!
– Mix your smashed Oreos with the cream cheese
– Melt your chocolate (one way to do that: 20 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring in between)
– Make little balls of the Oreo/cream cheese goodness. Using forks, roll them in the melted chocolate then set them out on the foil lined cookie sheet. (celebrate the imperfection if they happen not to come out perfectly round and smooth).
– repeat til you’ve done ’em all
– decorate as you like with sprinkles or extra Oreo crumbles
– pop the whole pan in the fridge for an hour or so.
– eat and enjoy!